Alternative Transportation Policy
Alternative transportation is available for repairs or maintenance services requiring a work time of 90 minutes or more. Customers requesting a loaner must follow these requirements:
- At least 21 years of age
- Must possess a VALID driver’s license
- Must have an UPDATED insurance card
- Must have a major credit card-Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION RULES
- Fuel Replacement – For customers choosing not to replace fuel, they will be automatically charged $5.00 per gallon used.
- EZ Pass – Your personal EZ Pass does not work for Otto’s Alternative vehicles. If you are using an Otto’s EZ Pass, you are authorizing your credit card to be charged upon return of loaner.
- Per-Mile Fee – Service customers will be charged a “per-mile” fee of $0.50 for each mile driven over the 100 miles per day allowance.
- Parking Tickets – Parking tickets and traffic violations are the sole responsibility of the service customer. In addition, damages to the alternate vehicle while in the customer’s possession are their responsibility.
- Prohibited Items – The following are not allowed in alternative transpiration provided by Otto’s BMW: smoking, food, beverages, and pets.
- Safety – Alternate vehicles will not be offered during inclement weather (ice and/or snow storms) per Management’s discretion.
On the completion day of a customer’s vehicle, the customer must return the loaner vehicle by the following times:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 PM | Friday: 5:30 PM | Saturday: 4:30 PM
A charge of $60 per day will be issued if the customer fails to return the alternate vehicle on the day notified.