Alternative Transportation Policy
Alternative transportation is available for repairs or maintenance services requiring a work time of 90 minutes or more. Customers requesting a loaner must follow these requirements:
- At least 25 years of age
- Must possess a VALID driver’s license
- Must have an UPDATED insurance card
- Must have a major credit card-Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Complimentary Loaner if the vehicle was purchased at Otto’s MINI, or, is still under Factory/CPO Warranty. Otherwise, charges may apply, see your Service Advisor for full details*
ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION RULES
- Fuel Replacement – For customers choosing not to replace fuel, they will be automatically charged $5.00 per gallon used.
- EZ Pass – Your personal E-ZPass does not work for Otto’s Alternative vehicles.
- Per-Mile Fee – Service customers will be charged a “per-mile” fee of $0.50 for each mile driven over the 100 miles per day allowance.
- Parking Tickets – Parking tickets and traffic violations are the sole responsibility of the service customer. In addition, damages to the alternate vehicle while in the customer’s possession are their responsibility.
- Prohibited Items – The following are not allowed in alternative transpiration provided by Otto’s BMW: smoking, food, beverages, and pets.
- Safety – Alternate vehicles will not be offered during inclement weather (ice and/or snow storms) per Management’s discretion.
On the completion day of a customer’s vehicle, the customer must return the loaner vehicle by the following times:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 PM | Friday: 5:30 PM | Saturday: 2:30 PM
A charge of $60 per day will be issued if the customer fails to return the alternate vehicle on the day notified.
*If the vehicle is still under the 4-year/50,000 mile factory warranty or
6-year/100,000 mile Certified Pre-Owned/MINI Next (CPO) warranty, our service customer will receive alternate transportation free of charge. If the vehicle was purchased elsewhere and is out of warranty,charges may apply, see your service advisor